Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Wise Wednesday.

I wake up this fine, rainy Wednesday and have a brilliant idea. I know the insurance is going to approve me (no negativity out there for me)! Going to do it...make an assumption.

Let's say that they are going to make me do a 30, 60 or whatever number of days doctor supervised diet first. What is to stop me from going to my PCP and starting it now? My thought is that by the time the insurance takes their 6 to 12 weeks to make a decision, I will be that far along in the pre-surgery approval diet.

Then, after posting on LBT, someone gave me another idea. Tomorrow, I'm calling the insurance company. I'm going to ask them what specifically makes this medically necessary surgery as far as they are concerned. I'm then going to ask, once it is deemed medically necessary, what else needs to be done before the surgery will be authorized???

Here's hoping that nothing else is required after the necessity is determined!!!

-Frog

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what up? no throes of thursday or thursday throbbings or something equally witty? well, ok. talk to you later!