Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Manic Monday (and I am not singing a Bangles song!)

Oh yeah...hiccup number 1. Hopefully it will be the one and only.

I got a call from my surgeon's office. The lady on the phone said that she had my file all put together and ready to send to the insurance company. One problem. She said that the needed the note from my doctor saying that the surgery was a medical necessity. Can't you just see my face on the end of THAT phone call. I mean, come on, I went into the office with everything ready. I thought I was WAY ahead of the power curve.

I told her that the note was on the same Rx page that referred me to the doctor in the first place. Her reply? "Uh-oh." They sent that Rx page to the insurance company as the referral to the surgeon. I told her that my insurance didn't actually require a referral. She said that the program did. She then asked me if I could get my PCP to write another one.

I called, yesterday at 1600. I told them what happened and said that I needed a new note. I got a call this morning at about 0815 that said my note was ready. I went by this afternoon and got it. It looks just like the first one. Referral to the surgeon and note of medical necessity.

I will be faxing it to the surgeon's office first thing in the morning.

I sure hope they didn't want her to write some touchy-feely letter about me and why this would be a good thing for me!

-Frog


1 comment:

Unknown said...

touchy feely? her? bwahahaha!