Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Tuesday Trials.

I had my last appointment before insurance submission yesterday. Met with the nutritionist. She had on the funkiest shoes...looked like frog feet!!

She told me about the pre-op and post-op diets required by my surgeon! Pre-op is protein shake for breakfast and lunch and a small, sensible dinner ie. Lean Cuisine. Said I could have healthy snacks if I was hungry between meals. Post-op is liquid for a week. Mushy for 2 to 3 weeks and adding solids back in as you are able to after the 3rd week. I did a bunch of research today on Protein Powders and Bars. Soooo many choices.

After the appointment, Tadpole, Bug and I went to dinner. Macaroni Grill! I'm going to miss Chicken Scallopini after the band. Or at least the pasta part of it! I'm thinking the chicken and artichokes will still be doable. Anyway, second stop was Trader Joe's (here after I'll call it TJs). This is where I started looking at protein shakes and powders. I'm scared!

As we headed from the restaurant to TJs I remember that my Blackberry had been blinking and making sounds at me indicating that I had a text message. I was standing there looking in my purse in the store, while waiting to check out, when Tadpole had to potty. Search aborted.

About 4 miles from TJ's I remembered the blinking and making of sounds the phone was doing earlier. I was searching through my purse (at a red light!) for the phone. No joy. OH CRAP! I have already shut one in the car door...don't need to lose another. Bug calls my phone and we hear nothing. "That is not good," she says. "No shit," I was thinking and saying!!! I flip a major U-turn and head back to TJs. The whole way back I keep feeling my pockets, in my purse and all around the center console of the car. Bug points out that if it had been in the car we would have heard it.

When we get back to TJs, I pull up behind the car that is in the spot I was. I climb out of my car and am bent down (in the rain) looking under the car for my squashed Blackberry. It's not there. I'm in full fledged freak out now. I turn around to head back to the car and notice something on the floor at the edge of my car seat. I grab it. It is the phone! I pick it up and see a bunch of missed calls...all from Bug as we were driving back and hoping it would ring or someone would answer it! I look and notice that somehow the sound had been turned off. No wonder we didn't hear it ringing.

WHEW! Crisis averted! I spent about 30 minutes of the hour long drive calming down!!! In case it is not obvious, let me tell you...I'm a major clutz!

-Frog

No comments: