Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What if...

...the insurance company says no? What are my options? Do I somehow come up with $10K and go to Mexico to do it? Do I just continue to "grow"? Do I staple my lips shut and hope for the best?

I wonder if these thoughts rattling around in my head are part of the reason I'm not sleeping of late. I can't turn them off...I can't really address them. It's a lot like marbles in a hamster wheel...they just rattle and spin! I think part of the reason that I keep thinking about this has to do with both my couch and my bed. Let me explain.

Couch. I sit on the couch and watch TV. My couch creaks when I sit down. The main spots (I try to vary my spot for even wear) where I sit are soft, mushy and have LOTS of give. I go to a non-main spot and there is still firmness to the couch. I know that my fat ass is doing this wear. EEK...I bet the furniture salesmen freak when I come walking into the store! "Oh Lord...here's a fatty that is going to break our couches."

Mind you...I've never broken a couch. A chair, yes. In my defense, it was a patio chair that had been sitting in the unrelenting Arizona sun for about 2 years. I maintain it was sun rotted...and I just happened to be the one that sat down in it.

Bed. When I was pregnant with Tadpole, near the end, I had a very strong nesting urge. I rearranged furniture constantly. Anyway...about 1 month before I was due, I wanted to move my bed. My mother, bless her heart, was helping me. She grabbed the foot and pulled. Unaware that the frame was two side rails that fit into the foot board. She completely pulled all the parts and pieces out and broke the shit out of the foot of my bed.

Fast forward about 5 years to Fall 2009. My father has fixed the bed. All the parts are living in my garage. I have laminate flooring installed in my house (by my AWESOME brother-in-law). When the floor is done he puts my wonderful bed back together and I begin sleeping in it. Tadpole loves it...with the side rails it is very easy to climb into bed with me! About 2 weeks later, we have a "flood" in the house. Wake up at 0330 to an inch of water on the floor. Needless to say, wood floor...RUINED! After all the insurance stuff was done we had a contractor come in to put in the new floor. On day 2...my bed breaks on the head board end this time. I set the pieces on my kitchen counter and off to work I go. When I get home, I find that the contractor is also a carpenter. He and his crew have repaired my bed!!

Now, every night when I lay in bed I hear creaks and groans. This might very well be in my head...but I hear them nonetheless. I know it would be nice to have weight gone and not be afraid that I am going to permanently ruin my bed and break it all to hell.

As a result of this, I've been thinking about the insurance company verdict being "no" a lot this last week. I'm not sure what I will do if that happens. I wonder if any other people going through this process have the same thoughts at this point in time?

The waiting SUCKS!!!

-Frog

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your online presence is just as funny/cool as your real life presence. i wonder if all bloggers are like that?