Saturday, January 30, 2010

My head has been shrunk!

Before you bring to mind the scene in Men in Black where Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith go into the shop and zap Tony Shaloub's head, leaving a little tiny grapefruit sized head in its place...I mean figuratively. I saw the psychiatrist yesterday morning.

He was a nice fellow. Asked me a bunch of question about what I knew about the band and how long I had been thinking about it. We talked about that for a little bit. Then he asked me a bunch of questions like what is the date, year, day of the week, who is the president...who was president before that? Before that? Before that? I guess I passed...he told me that he did not see any psychological barriers to my going forward with the surgery.

WOOT! Good thing he didn't talk to my friends. They'd have probably brought in a straight jacket!

I have my last pre-op appointment, the nutritionist, on Tuesday, Feb 2. Then comes the BIG wait!

I see no issue with this one either...so, as far as I am concerned I'm already in the wait. It all depends on if my claims administrator deems me a medically necessary case. I'm already freaking out thinking that the insurance company will find some way to say no.

-Frog

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Hey Miss Froggy!

I had my psych consult last week--what a radically different experience. Mayhaps I should blog it.

Anyhoozle, who's your insurance? I still have 2 more months to go on a "pre-surgery" regimen before I can even meet with the surgeon and get that whole shebang started. It's so exciting that you're almost there!

Missfroggy said...

I have United HealthCare. I haven't gotten far enough to have a pre-surgery regimen.

This is just to get the paperwork together for the initial submit to the insurance company.