Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shopping to prepare and filling meds.

I met a lady through LBT…don’t know if I mentioned it previously or not…but she lives in my area. We have been exchanging emails and she’s been giving me tips/tricks and telling me the various things I can expect. We shall call her Mentor. She told me to be sure and make copies of the post op mushy stage food list. She warned that I would be looking at it over and over…trying to find something I could eat on the list that I missed the previous 10 times I read it!

I went shopping with that list. I got more SF pudding. I also got more SF popsicles (at least Tadpole is not eating sugar laden popsicles anymore!). They suggested things like refried beans with taco sauce, ravioli with tomato sauce, and mashed potatoes with stuff mixed in, etc. I got the items needed to make them all…plus a few others.

Then I went to my local Wal-Mart. (I live in a small town…and we do NOT have a Super Wal-Mart. Therefore groceries have to be gotten at the grocery store.) I filled the prescriptions they gave me (Mentor suggested I do it a week early, in case they didn’t stock either item) and started looking at containers. I figured I would need a bunch to make the small meals I would be eating.

I now have everything I should need for the first month.

I’m ready.

-Frog

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good job! said in the way tadpole used to say it to me when i was asked what i was doing and answered 'brushing my teeth', good job!

so what happened next?