Friday, May 07, 2010

Getting into the groove of pre-op.

So, pre-op. I’ve been drinking a protein shake for breakfast and dinner. My meal is at lunch. Seems easier for me…as I don’t have to try and make protein shakes at lunch this way. I’ve been spreading the food I’m allowed to have (based on calories allowed) over the day, while at work. I get a little something every couple of hours…that way there is no major hunger.

Well, call me a dumbass and hit me with a frying pan. I was totally cheating myself. I finally figured out (after the first full week on pre-op) that I was sooooo doing it wrong.

I started having a protein shake for breakfast, late in the morning I have a lean cuisine, a few hours later I would have a small salad, and then my last protein shake in the evening. Much better plan for me. I was not hungry or anything doing it this way! Made the remainder of my pre-op diet a piece of cake! (Hmmm…I wonder if I should retire that analogy!?)

I did spend much of the time worrying about how my liver was doing!

-Frog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

analogies like that will be around for-ever, so i don't think you can fight them. kinda like gravity.

i hit 25 pounds, exactly, today!

Go us!

Unknown said...

you don't love us. you never did. or you would UPDATE!