Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Update 3.

I immediately call the doctor's office. I get G on the phone. I give her the number and tell her that they said I was approved. She takes the number down and says that she will call me back.

About 10 minutes later, she calls back. She says, "Yes you are approved! Your approval code is good for one year."

"Could there be any better news?" you ask. Why yes there could. NO 90 day or 6 month medically supervised diet first!!!

I explain that I have to be off work on Fri, Apr 2 and Mon, Apr 5 (Tadpole's school is closed for Easter!) and ask if there is any way to get in on March 31? They say that they will look into it and call me back. In the meantime, I am scheduled for the surgeon's education class, tomorrow, 3/18.

I heard nothing Friday. I heard nothing Monday. So, again I called. G gets on the phone and says, "Oh yeah, we have you scheduled for Wed, Mar 31 at 0830. "

O.M.F.G.

I started my pre-op diet today! 2 protein shakes (30g protein) a day. A sensible dinner. No more than 1200 cals a day. I can have sugar free pudding, yogurt, cheese sticks, veggies or fruit in-between meals if I feel like I am starving.

I will write up today's food, tomorrow!

So, 2 weeks from today, I will officially be a bandster!!!

-Frog

P.S. Goals will follow shortly too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

effing YAY! let's get to the class tomorrow and then to the 31st. i am so excited for you i could just spit! it is going to be awesome and weird and wonderful and a bunch of other adjectives for sure!

Lynda said...

WOO! HOO!

Unknown said...

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE!

don't MAKE me light this torch and grab my pitchfork!