Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Update 1.

Let me take you back in time. March 3, 2010 to be precise. This was day 14, business days that is.
I called the insurance company again to see if I could "help" by providing any additional information they might need for the determination.

Pick 1 for this, pick 2 for that, pick 3 if you have no clue what to do! I picked through the various menu options at the insurance company. Kept telling it that I was trying to find out information about a medical claim. I finally got a living, breathing human. Shock of shocks, turns she was the right person to get to. When I described the situation and what I was trying to do, she informed me that I had been calling the wrong place all this time. I wanted "pre-determination" not "claims". She transferred me.

I got to the pre-determination section. I explained to the lady (Again I got to the right person...she was awesome!!!) what I was trying to find out. She said hold one...looked up my file and told me "there is no file in here showing that you have an open a case."

SAY WHAT?!?!

I start to mildly freak. I tell her no biggie, I will just call the doctor's office and verify. She says that is what she would do.

I call. The gal there, G, tells me that the insurance always freaks people out. She will make a quick call and get back to me. She calls me back about 5 mins later. Says she talked to D. He said that he just opened my case for approval the day before. I forgot that they told me the Doc office goes through a 3rd party for approvals. Guess that is who she was calling.

I asked her if that means I have to wait another month. She said, "Hopefully not. D is a good guy and I asked him to expedite your file."

Time will tell!

-Frog

No comments: